Having been involved in California Politics for years, I saw what happened when Prop 14 passed. Prop 14 is the jungle primary.
Just last year – 25 districts had no Republican File and about 45 California Districts had no Republican in the runoff. Loser RINO’s like Keickhefer are making the same arguments I heard over 15 years ago for Prop 14 (California’s Version).
In California – there have been almost no Republicans make the runoff for any Statewide office Since Prop 14 passed. When now Vice President Kamala Harris got elected to the senate, she was in the runoff with another democrat.
Ben Keichhefer is indeed a malignant cancer within the Nevada GOP and appears to want to get revenge on every conservative that has ever criticized him. Unfortunately for Keickhefer, Prop 14 has not moderated California Politics – it has moved it dramatically leftward. This shreds his fantasy regarding how he could get more squishes like himself elected.
Having looked at Nevada Politics for a bit over the last few years, I am making a list of people that appear to believe that being like democrats is an effective way to govern as a Republican. Heidi Gansert – who I voted for – is one example. Jill Tolles is another – despite living in a safe R seat (like Ben).
Ben’s jungle primary bill is called SB121. Let him and the others know how you feel about it. While I am at it, I included a few more “Republican” Senators for you to contact as well.
James Stettlemeyer? Ben Kieckhefer? What is your problem? Do you think Steve Sisolak deserves a bailout for his disastrous bungling of COVID? Do you think you can just hammer industry and then ask Donald Trump to print a couple billion to cover it all?
It looks like the Nevada GOP Caucus needs Right On Daily Nevada. With the Ralston report being owned by their never-trumper donors, it appears there is a vacuum in Nevada.
Nevada Families for FreedomState Affiliate national Eagle Forum, 46th Anniversary186 Ryndon Unit 12, Elko, Nevada 89801, 775-397-6859, Sparks 775-356-0105Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/nevadafamilies @nevadafamilieswww.nevadafamilies.org, Janine Hansen firstname.lastname@example.orgJuly 13, 2020, In the Year of Our Lord, U.S. Constitution Art. VII, 10:00pmWhen you forward please delete bottom portion which says unsubscribe or someone will unsubscribe for you. Thank you for Acknowledgement.
Tonight, Senator Ira Hansen made a powerful statement on the floor of the Nevada State Senate about the Governor’s One-Size Fits All Dictatorial Policies on Covid-19 that are destroying the economy of the State.You can listen to his short statement at the Legislature’s site: Video’s of Archived Meetings. https://www.leg.state.nv.us/Video/ At 6:10:18, near the very end of the July 13th archived meeting video you can hear Senator Ira Hansen’s remarks.He made these points:
- The Governors one-size-fits-all dictatorial mandates does not allow local governments and individual businesses to determine their local policies which are appropriate.
- The Governor or his staff are now calling mayors and county commissioners telling them that the Governor will cut their funding if they do not comply with his edicts.
- The Governor has now created an OSHA hotline for people to spy on their neighbors and businesses to see if they are complying or face forced closure or huge fines.
- The Governor has targeted bars and churches inordinately.
- He said he had driven by the Nugget and GSR resort in Reno and Sparks and the parking lots were full. People are anxious to participate in the economy.
- Make no mistake the economy has everything to do with the special session and the taxes that are collected.
- We need to have a discussion of this issue of the Governor’s policies on Covid-19 during this Legislature.
- We need to eliminate this one-size fits all dictatorial attitude in Nevada.We need to support Senator Ira Hansen’s opposition to the current Dictator Governor Sisolak’s policies.Thank Senator Ira Hansen for his courage: email@example.comMESSAGE to all other Senators: (especially the Republicans) No Republicans stood to back Senator Hansen’s comments. Two Democrats stood to oppose him.Message: We agree with Senator Hansen’s remarks on the floor of the Senate. Please consider as Legislators the extreme damage to our state’s economy that Governor Sisolak’s one-size-fits-all dictatorial policies on Covid-19 are causing. Local elected officials are capable of responsible action and are closer to the people. It is because businesses are closed that we have this extreme economic devastation to our state, as well as to the citizens and businesses of Nevada. You can’t collect taxes if businesses are closed or out of business and 25% of Nevadans are unemployed. Open up our state. (or write your own message) See article on economic devastation below.All Senate Republicans except Senator Hansen:Heidi.Gansert@sen.state.nv.us, Pete.Goicoechea@sen.state.nv.us, Scott.Hammond@sen.state.nv.us, Joe.Hardy@sen.state.nv.us, Ben.Kieckhefer@sen.state.nv.us, Keith.Pickard@sen.state.nv.us, James.Settelmeyer@sen.state.nv.usSenate Democrats:Chris.Brooks@sen.state.nv.us, Yvanna.Cancella@sen.state.nv.us, Moises.Denis@sen.state.nv.us, Marilyn.DonderoLoop@sen.state.nv.us, Dallas.Harris@sen.state.nv.us, James.Ohrenschall@sen.state.nv.us, Melanie.Scheible@sen.state.nv.us, David.Parks@sen.state.nv.us, Julia.Ratti@sen.state.nv.us, Pat.Spearman@sen.state.nv.us, Marcia.Washington@sen.state.nv.us, Joyce.Woodhouse@sen.state.nv.usNevada hardship index: 35.29.Rank 1.Unemployment: 25.3%Mortgage delinquency: 9.99%Please go the link to see the state by state rankings.www.zerohedge.com